Hello, my lovelies! I hope you’ve all had a great start to your week! I apologize for this post coming pretty late, but I had kind of a rough day today, so I was off my game for a good bit of the time. But, I’m here now with the second installment of my Music Monday series!
I went back and forth on what I wanted to do for this week’s segment, and decided to focus on various decades. In particular, I’m going to do the 1960s through the 2010s. I’m going to put 2 songs from each decade, and write the first thing that comes to my mind when I hear these songs. Hopefully, I’ll come across some songs you guys may know and even like, and maybe ones that you’ll want to play for yourselves.
Here we go!
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell: You guys! I freaking love this song, and if you’ve seen the movie Stepmom, then you’d understand why this instantly reminds me of it.
- Runaround Sue by Dion & The Belmonts: I used to go to old time car shows all the time with my parents where they would play various songs from this era, and this was my absolute favorite! Ah, takes me back to such good times.
- This Will Be (An Everlasting Love) by Natalie Cole: The first thing I think of when hearing this song is pure happiness. I can just imagine dancing around the room to this song with the ones I love.
- Midnight Rider by The Allman Brothers Band: This is just a great song to sing along to.
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody by Whitney Houston: How can you not love this song, and sing along, and dance till you can’t dance anymore?
- Come On Eileen by Dexys Midnight Runners: First of all, this song is amazing and I love it. Second of all, it reminds me of The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
- My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion: One word. Titanic.
- Jump Around by House of Pain: Try not to dance along to this song. I dare you. Hahaa.
- Lose Yourself by Eminem: Ah, my childhood. Lol. My sister listened to a lot of Eminem, and to be honest, I watched 8 Mile when I was like 7.
- Hot in Herre by Nelly: I don’t know if you guys have ever been on The Scrambler at the fair (pic below), but I used to go on it when I was younger and they played this song, and oh my god it was so much fun hahaa
- Super Bass by Nicki Minaj: This brings me back to high school omg and I made a friend of mine sing the rap in the beginning and it was fantastic.
- Lighters by Bad Meets Evil ft. Bruno Mars: Another one that brings me back to high school. Ah, good times.
Well, there we go. This one was a lot of fun, and I got so into it that I practically ran out of time to post before midnight! Oops.
Till next time, my lovelies