Hello again, my lovelies!
So, I thought it’d be a good idea to redirect myself for this post, and steer away from the serious, lovey-dovey theme I’ve had going lately. It occurred to me last night as I was listening to my Thumbprint station on Pandora that it would be fun to do something revolved around music. I came up with a few different ideas, and devised a plan to use them all in a new series I’d like to call Music Monday. Every Monday for the next few weeks I’ll use my Pandora app to play around 10 songs or so and post some stuff about them for you guys.
I’m completely obsessed with music and listen to it every single day, so I hope that I can use this obsession to my advantage and maybe expose you guys to some new music. If you’d like to do the same, please post your favorites in the comments because I’m always looking for new artists to listen to!
Pandora’s Thumbprint station, in case you guys aren’t aware of it, puts together all of the songs you’ve thumbed up over the span of time you’ve used the app, and combines it with similar songs they think you’d enjoy. For this post, I’m going to use 10 songs, and put my favorite lyric for each one.
Okay, here we go!
- I Miss You by Blink-182: Don’t waste your time on me. You’re already the voice inside my head.
- Not Today by Twenty One Pilots: I look outside, and see a whole world better off, without me in it trying to transform it.
- Drown by Bring Me The Horizon: Got a hole in my soul growing deeper and deeper. And I can’t take one more moment of this silence.
- Collar Full by Panic! At The Disco: If you’re gonna be the death of me, that’s how I wanna go.
- Loverboy by You Me At Six: Your past has you in a choke hold. You deserve it from what I’ve been told.
- Cross My Heart (Acoustic) by Marianas Trench: My bag is ripped and worn then again now so am I.
- Life @ 11 by A Day To Remember: I’m a slave to all these voices in my head. And I’m afraid, I’m afraid of what they’ve said.
- Ashes.Dust.Smoke.Love.Stars.The One. by Slaves: The frown behind her smile, the pieces we can’t force to fit.
- Starving To Death In The Belly Of The Whale by Hands Like Houses: If the sting would tear you inside out, wouldn’t it be worth just holding it inside?
- Nothing’s Wrong by State Champs: But you’ll go on; saying “can you sing to me?” and pretend that nothing’s wrong.
And that’s all 10! There will certainly be posts between now and next week, but stay tuned for the next Music Monday 🙂